|Posting Number: CPM-8236|
|Position Title: Assistant Director, Admissions & Recruitment|
|Department: Student Services & International Relations, Schulich School of Business|
|Salary Grade: F|
|Hiring Salary Range: $76,792 - $86,391|
|Maximum of Salary Range: $105,589|
|Duration: Continuing Full-Time|
|Hours: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm|
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSTING WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL 4:30 pm, FRIDAY FEBRUARY 22, 2013.Reporting to the Director of Admissions & Recruitment, this position has been created to support the Admission and Recruiting activities required for graduate programs (i.e. MBA, IMBA, MBA/JD, MBA/MA, MBA/MFA, MF, MSc, MAcc, the PHD in Administration as well as Special Degree/Diploma Programs) at Schulich. This position is required to enhance our efforts to recruit a high quality student body, support new growth and execute new initiatives, which flow out of the recruitment and admission activities.
Business Degree – MBA preferred (Marketing Major).
5 to 7 years managerial experience. Experience in student services/admissions environment is ideal. Candidates with experience in marketing, recruitment, customer service management, and communication roles are also preferred. Working knowledge of advising, recruiting and assessing applicants as well as the development of marketing/recruitment strategies is essential. Experience in the development of marketing/branding plans and strategies, print publications and electronic communication including web-based tools is required. Experience in a university setting is an asset.
• Familiarity with university admissions and recruitment processes. • Marketing/recruitment planning and development. • Experience with and understanding of regional and local market differences, needs and languages. • Strong computer/technical skills for York University systems – SIS/ADM etc., as well as an excellent command of common software – Microsoft access, excel, power point, word. • Familiarity with using social media tools. • Creative problem solving ability. • Strong decision making skills. • Excellent communication skills. • Strong writing ability particularly in the areas of advertising copy, recruitment. messages and presentation materials. • Demonstrated public speaking ability. • Strong interpersonal, collaboration and negotiation skills. • High level of initiative. • Top-notch organization skills. • Ability to manage, juggle, adapt and be flexible in an environment of multiple priorities that constantly change. • Leadership and managerial skills which motivate and encourage staff to ensure work performance meets expectations.
|Cover Letter Required: Yes|
Thank you for your interest in a career with York University. To apply, please ensure that:
- You have submitted a complete application package (application form*, resume and covering letter) . When emailing your application package, ensure that you have attached the resume, cover letter, and application form to your email.
- A complete application package has been submitted for each job posting you are applying for.
- You have quoted the appropriate posting number on your application form and in the subject line of your email. Please keep the posting number and position description for future reference or inquiries.
- Your application package is submitted in one of the following formats: Microsoft Word (.doc), or Adobe (.pdf). If you do not have access to the above programs, you may submit your resume and covering letter in plain text format (.txt). Please note the application form cannot be saved in this format.
Applications are to be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. York University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
York University offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by York University regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.